SODERFORS STEEL offers customized contract services such as forging, rolling, heat treatment, finishing, testing, cutting, special marking and packing.
In the forging process, careful timing, deformation speed, and temperature combine to create a material in which structure is improved and defects in the material are neutralized. Essentially, this is a process that improves the properties of the material.
Versatility is one of the main strengths of the forge at SODERFORS STEEL. We can work in a wide variety of materials and shapes and produce both bar forgings and open die forgings. Forged rings, shafts, and a variety of special executions are heat-treated and machined into customized products. To save material we recommend open die forging.
The equipment includes:
- Gas pusher-type furnace
- 1,000-ton hydraulic press
- 4-ton pneumatic hammer
- 6-ton and 5-tonne manipulators
- Round 90 – 450 mm diameter as rough machined
- Flat 100 – 550 mm wide
- 35 – 200 mm thick
- Weight 5 ton max.
- High flexibility in the forging process enables us to handle small order batches. A broad variety of steel grades and ingot sizes are also important parts of our forging capacity.
- Our contract-work customers have the facility to deliver ingots and collect the finished products directly from our forge shop.
Keys to Quality:
The range of machinery, our skilled personnel and working procedures are all keys to quality. They facilitate short lead times and high flexibility.
Our partners and customers are among the world’s leading specialist steelworks. A well-developed network provides us with the latest know-how and research.